- Please make sure to read the Application for Funding Breast Prostheses Grant information sheet before you come in to Brava Boutique for your appointment. Brava Boutique will provide this document along with the Application for Breast Prosthesis Grant form at your fitting, for your convenience. Alternatively, these forms can be obtained from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website at www.health.gov.on.ca. With regards to personal physical changes (such as change in weight or size) there is government funding available to you, such as entitlement to purchase a new breast form every two years. Any shift in body shape or size and any medications or medical conditions that may require you to be wearing a different size (within those two years following your initial purchase) can be claimed in order to obtain a one-time replacement.
- The Government of Ontario provides a maximum of $195.00 for a full breast prosthesis and $390.00 if two full prostheses are required every two years.
- The Government of Ontario provides a maximum of $105.00 for a partial breast prosthesis and $210.00 if two partial prostheses are required every two years.
- For those who receive social assistance benefits under Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program, the Government of Ontario provides coverage of $140.00 for each partial breast prosthesis.
- It is important to verify with your private insurance company what sort of coverage you are entitled to in addition to government funding. It may be possible for some women to acquire additional breast forms and bras this way.
*To Book Your Next Bra Fit Session at Brava Boutique, Please Click Here